The PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) is taught weekly and is also embedded throughout other curriculum areas (e.g. Science and ICT) and within our whole school ethos.
PSHE is delivered through a range of teaching styles which include:
- circle time
- group discussions
- problem solving
The aims of PSHE are to enable children to:
- know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle (e.g. the benefits of physical activity, rest, healthy eating and dental health);
- be aware of safety issues (including road safety, the correct use of medicines and online safety);
- understand what makes for good relationships with others;
- have respect for others;
- be an independent and responsible member of our school community;
- develop self-confidence and self-esteem enabling them to make informed choices;
- be positive and active members of the wider community (e.g. what improves and harms their local environment).